Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday # 34


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine. The goal is to spotlight upcoming books that I am super excited for.


This week I am waiting on Suspicion by Alexandra Monir.




 Publication: December 9, 2014

Publisher: Delacorte Press



Mysterious. Magnificent. Creepy. Welcome to Rockford Manor.

"There's something hidden in the Maze." Seventeen-year-old Imogen has never forgotten the last words her father said to her seven years ago, before the blazing fire that consumed him, her mother, and the gardens of her family's English country manor.

Haunted by her parents' deaths, Imogen moves to New York City with her new guardians. But when a letter arrives with the news of her cousin's untimely death, revealing that Imogen is now the only heir left to run the estate, she returns to England and warily accepts her role as duchess.

All is not as it seems at Rockford, and Imogen quickly learns that dark secrets lurk behind the mansion's aristocratic exterior, hinting that the spate of deaths in her family were no accident. And at the center of the mystery is Imogen herself--and Sebastian, the childhood friend she has secretly loved for years. Just what has Imogen walked into?

Combining a fresh twist on the classic REBECCA with a spine-tingling mystery and powerful romance, SUSPICION is an action-packed thrill ride.


I am familiar with the story of Rebecca, so I am curious to see how good this story will be.  It sounds pretty interesting. I still have yet to find that one story re-telling that I just love, but I am keeping my fingers crossed on this one.


What is on your radar for this week???

9 comments:

  1. Oh, I featured this one a few weeks back. The cover is amazing and the magic of the synopsis has me intrigued. Fabulous pick!

    Stop by my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. This book has a beautiful cover and it sounds quite interesting!

    A nice WoW, Sharon - Obsession with Books

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to read this either. The story sounds so intriguing and love that cover! I hope it's going to be an awesome read!
    Fantastic pick! :)

    Nick - My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that cover. The blurb sounds good too. Thanks for sharing.

    Happy Wednesday :)

    Shane @ Itching for Books

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've seen this one around before. I just love the cover! Great pick!
    MY WOW

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an intriguing choice - I definitely have to look into this one
    I really hope you get to enjoy it :)

    Yours
    Smarty

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hm...sounds interesting for sure. Adding it to my TBR pile :) Here's my WOW: http://melinmidlothian.blogspot.com/2014/06/wow-falling-into-place.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm really excited for this one as well. I have heard pretty good things about Alexandra Monir's other books as well. The cover is absolutely breathtaking! Great pick. :b

    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh love that cover, even more so that the synopsis and that one sounds pretty good too ^_^

    My WW :)

    ReplyDelete