Monday, December 31, 2018

TOP TEN BOOKS I READ IN 2018




Happy 2019 Book Lovers!


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly Meme hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl

This week’s meme is: Best Books I Read in 2018!

I can’t believe 2019 is here so fast! This past year seemed to just fly by. I didn’t read a lot, but fortunately I did discover some books that I loved. Take a look at my list below. It was very hard narrowing the list down to 10 only! Clicking the book covers will take you to Goodreads.








The Death of Mrs. Westaway by Ruth Ware – I loved the writing in this book. The mystery wasn’t completely obvious and Hal was a great character. 






The Vanishing Season (Ellery Hathaway #1) by Joanna Schaffhausen – I loved the main character in this book. She is a survivor and she doesn’t care whose feathers she ruffles as long as justice is served. The mystery portion was well done. 





Blood Type (Blood Type #1) by K.A. Linde – I was unsure about this book when I first started it. The more I read, the more pulled into the story I got. It’s not your typical paranormal romance that’s for sure. 








Daughters of the Lake by Wendy Webb – This was a very atmospheric gothic style read. I enjoyed following Kate on her journey and seeing the outcome of everything play out. 







Josh & Hazel’s Guide to Not Dating by Christina Lauren – This was my top read of 2018. It was a very cute friends to lover romance. It made me laugh and smile all throughout the book. 





 Hate Notes by Vi Keeland and Penelope Ward – This romance was as laugh out loud funny as it was sweet and swoon worthy.





Risk: Part 1 by Nina Levine – This one is a romance quickie. Shorty and steamy. I loved the two main characters and I cannot wait to see what happens in Part 2.  




                                            



Fight or Flight by Samantha Young –
This hate to love romance was so much fun to read. Caleb and Ava stole my heart. Their banter and chemistry kept me turning pages. 








Midnight Wolf (Shifters Unbound #11) by Jennifer Ashley – I fell in love with the two main characters. They are both headstrong and capable of handling themselves, yet when they are together it works perfectly. This paranormal romance was so easy to devour. 



                                                                                                                                                            












Promises & Primroses (Mayfield Family #1) by Josi Kilpack – I adored this historical romance. The main character is strong and independent, especially for that time period.  

















Murder Notes & Murder Girl (Lilah Love #1 & #2) by Lisa Renee Jones – I love this series. The mystery aspect is well done and the romance is not overdone.

17 comments:

  1. I haven't read any of these books, but they do look good fun! :-) I hope you have as good time reading in 2019. Happy New Year! My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chrissi. Me too lol. So far the first book I've started for the year seems pretty good.

      Delete
  2. Great list! I loved The Vanishing Season as well!! :) Happy 2019!

    My Top 10 Books of 2018

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Erica! I am reading the sequel, No Mercy right now and so far I am enjoying it. Happy New Year!

      Delete
  3. Oooh... what a list! I've been wanting to read Ruth Ware and Christina Lauren for a long time now! And the Lisa Renee Jones books sound so good!

    Here is our Top Ten Tuesday. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you totally should if you get the chance to Aymee. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. I loved Blood Type too! It made my list.
    I really need to read Josh and Hazel... It's on so many lists and I've heard so many good things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was very surprised by Josh and Hazel. I need to read the other two books in the Blood Type series. I've been lagging lol.

      Delete
  5. I really want to read The Death of Mrs. Westaway soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you get the opportunity to read it soon Louise. The author has a new book coming out later this year, that you might want to check out also.

      Delete
  6. I haven't read any of these yet, but Joshua and Hazel's Guide to not dating looks good, and I keep hearing good things about The Death of Mrs. Westaway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are book great books to check out IMO. I hope you get the chance to check them out soon Brooke. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  7. I’m glad you found some excellent books last year. Happy 2019!

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't read any of these, but I LOVE the cover of "Fight or Flight." I'll have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cover is so cute, just like the story. Thanks for stopping by and Happy 2019 Becky!

      Delete
  9. Ooooh, Daughters of the Lake looks really interesting! I'm definitely going to have to look into that book...
    And I still need to read Josh & Hazel’s Guide to Not Dating! I've been hearing good things about it. I have read Roomies by Christina Lauren and really enjoyed it tho!

    ReplyDelete