Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday # 15



Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine. The goal is to spotlight upcoming books that I am super excited for.

This particular week I am waiting for House of Ivy & Sorrow by Natalie Whipple.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/15728807-house-of-ivy-sorrow

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/15728807-house-of-ivy-sorrow
 
Expected Publication: April 15, 2014
Publisher: Harper Teen

 
Josephine Hemlock has spent the last 10 years hiding from the Curse that killed her mother. But when a mysterious man arrives at her ivy-covered, magic-fortified home, it’s clear her mother’s killer has finally come to destroy the rest of the Hemlock bloodline. Before Jo can even think about fighting back, she must figure out who she’s fighting in the first place. The more truth Jo uncovers, the deeper she falls into witchcraft darker than she ever imagined. Trapped and running out of time, she begins to wonder if the very Curse that killed her mother is the only way to save everyone she loves.
 

 
This book sounds like it is right up my alley. It will be the first time I have read a book from this author, so I hope that my expectations won’t be too high by the time it releases.

What book are you waiting for?

5 comments:

  1. I still want to read Natalie's other books, but this one sounds good. And I'm digging the cover! Nice pick!

    Rachel @ Beauty and the Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for checking out my post Rachel! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually have a copy of the arc, i cannot wait to get to it!

    Check out our WOW

    Leydy @ OUaT & Redcarpetendings

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've read Natalie Whipple's Transparent, which was okay I guess, but this one sounds so amazing, can't wait to read it! Great pick! :)

    Here's mine

    Kirsty @ StudioReads

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sounds great and has an amazing cover! This one is on my TBR list as well! Thanks for sharing!

    Gabbie @ Rampant Readers

    ReplyDelete