Monday, June 17, 2013

Book Review: Being Me by Lisa Renee Jones



Publication: June 11, 2013
Publisher: Simon and Schuster

Synopsis:

The sexy second installment in the Inside Out erotic romance trilogy, following If I Were You—in the seductive tradition of Fifty Shades of Grey.

Fascinated by the dark fantasies in the journals she’s discovered, and the two men who have now found a place in her life, Sara McMillan finds herself torn between her new life and her past. Now, more than ever, Sara identifies with the lost journal writer, Rebecca, and is certain that something sinister has happened.

In the arms of the sexy, tormented artist Chris Merit, Sara seeks answers about Rebecca and ends up discovering things about herself she never knew existed. Chris forces Sara to reconsider who she is and what she truly wants from life, but not before his dark desires threaten to tear them apart. Her boss, Mark
Compton, offers her the shelter to understand just what those needs mean to her, and what they might have meant to Rebecca, but can she trust him to lead her to a final conclusion to Rebecca’s story?


After the cliff-hanger that left me on the edge of my seat in If I Were You, I could not wait for Being Me to be released. It was worth the wait.
Being Me picks up right where the first book ended and for me the storyline kept getting better with each chapter.
Chris and Sara are trying to adjust to each other in this new period of their relationship. After Chris’s big reveal in the first book, I wasn’t so sure that Sara would want to try and forge a relationship with him. But I am on Team Chris, so I was happy that she didn’t give up on him/them.
Sara wants Chris to be open and honest with her, and she kept questioning his past and making it a bigger deal than it actually was which kind of annoyed be in the beginning. Especially since she is hiding a big secret that is becoming hard for her to completely escape from.  Their relationship is far from perfect, but they are determined to be there for each other and make it work.
Apart from her relationship with Chris, Sara is still determined as ever to find out the truth about what happened to Rebecca and what is going on with her best friend Ella.
I was glad I read the four novellas of Rebecca’s Lost Journals before reading Being Me because they provided further insight into Rebecca and her life which I think helped when reading this story.
This series wouldn’t be so exciting to read if everything were sunshine and rainbows, so there are some surprises that occurred that I didn’t expect, but still enjoyed.
I loved this book just as much as the first one, and September 10th cannot come quickly enough for the third book in The Inside Out Trilogy, Revealing Us!

Rating: 4½ out of 5.
**I received this book on behalf of the Author in exchange for nothing except my honest opinion. Thank you.** 


BUY:



Blog: http://lifeasabookaddict.blogspot.com
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/TheLifeTimesOfABookAddict
Twitter: https://twitter.com/BookAddict4Life 

No comments:

Post a Comment