Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Bouquet Toss (Love of My Life #1) by Melissa Brown



Ever since Daphne Harper graduated from college, all of her friends have fallen in love, become engaged and walked down the aisle. Be it a blessing or a curse, Daphne (a hopeless romantic and perpetual single girl) catches the bouquet at every single wedding she attends. 

Daphne’s love life is a mess. Her first love, Mayson, haunts her heart and keeps her from pursuing happiness with any man who comes along. As she struggles to move on from the one who got away, Daphne wonders if she will ever break her curse and find her happily ever after.

*****************************************

Bouquet Toss is such a sweet and emotional story that follows Daphne Harper.
Daphne is very much a hopeless romantic. She is forever catching the bouquet at weddings, but can never seem to catch Mr. Right. All she wants is to find the one she can spend her life with and will love her for who she is. Like most things, this is easier said than done. It is hard for her to completely live in the present because she is constantly thinking about her past. A past involving Mayson, the guy who she fell in love with and broke her heart years earlier.

“I just wish the memories would fade.   I wish the songs wouldn't bring tears.  And, I wish that his name would stop making my heart tremble.  I want to forget. I need to forget. I deserve to forget. I have to forget.”
-Melissa Brown, Bouquet Toss

Daphne is filled with self-doubt and insecurities that make it hard to have a good relationship. When she was with Mayson she was afraid if she was her true self he would not really accept her and he would end up leaving. Which he did anyways. There were moments when I wanted to shake Daphne and tell her to just get over it and move on. But getting over someone you love is never easy, especially when it is your first love.

I think she was more in love with the thought or idea of who she believed Mayson to be versus who he actually was. She had this image of him in her head and that was what she clung to.  Despite her thoughts of Mayson, she knows even though it is hard to do, she has to move on with her life. Daphne goes on dates and attempts to find a connection with someone.  And just when things start going well for her, Mayson comes waltzing back into her life. Now she has to decide if Mayson is worth the trouble or should she move forward in her life and possibly find love with someone else.

One of the things I liked about Daphne is that she never gives up hope, she is relentless. I could easily relate to her and her situation. I thought I had the story figured out, but there were some twists thrown in there and I had to keep reading to find out what was going to happen. I enjoyed the story a lot. Bouquet Toss took me on an emotional journey; one that I would gladly venture again.  If you like a side of angst to go with your romance reads then I would definitely recommend this book.

Rating: 3½ out of 5.

''''


** I received this book from the Author in exchange for nothing, but my honest review. Thank you!** 

Follow Me on Twitter:  http://twitter.com/BookAddict4Life

2 comments:

  1. I like the cover on this book. I think it's beautiful! Great review! I hope you are having a great Wednesday! :)

    Leigh Ann
    MaMa's Book Corner

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know the cover is gorgeous! Thanks so much Leigh Ann :)

    ReplyDelete