Monday, January 23, 2017

Moon Called (Mercy Thompson #1) by Patricia Briggs



Publication: January 31, 2006
Publisher: Penguin Group / Ace
Source: Bought/Own

Mercedes "Mercy" Thompson is a talented Volkswagen mechanic living in the Tri-Cities area of Washington. She also happens to be a walker, a magical being with the power to shift into a coyote at will. Mercy's next-door neighbor is a werewolf. Her former boss is a gremlin. And she's fixing a bus for a vampire. This is the world of Mercy Thompson, one that looks a lot like ours but is populated by those things that go bump in the night. And Mercy's connection to those things is about to get her into some serious hot water...

Mercy Thompson was a great character to discover. She is strong, resilient, independent, with just a slight penchant for trouble.  For several years she has lived a somewhat quiet life under the radar. Occasionally annoying her next door neighbor Adam, who also happens to be a sexy werewolf and Alpha of the local pack.
Mercy’s quiet life suddenly changes when people attack Adam and kidnap his 15 year old daughter Jess. Mercy has no choice but to get involved.

Okay, this book took me by surprise. It’s something that I kept seeing pop up on Amazon, but it didn’t seem like the usual book I go for. I’m glad I decided to buy it, because I ended up liking it so much that I read the first three books within a week. The plot was well paced and the mystery and characters kept me turning the pages. I enjoyed it so much, I immediately purchased the second book to the series, Blood Bound. If you enjoy a good paranormal with vampires, werewolves, walkers, and some action, take a look at this series.


RATING: 4  out of 5

BUY THE BOOK:

Amazon | B&N | Google | Kobo

Books-a-Million | iTunes | Book Depository






Join the Addiction:


No comments:

Post a Comment