Thursday, January 5, 2017

Daisy in Chains by Sharon Bolton



Publication: September 20, 2016
Publisher: Minotaur Books
Source: Bought/Own

He’s a serial killer. A murderer of young women, all killed in brutal attacks.
But despite Hamish Wolfe’s conviction, he’s always stuck to his story—he’s innocent and he’s been wrongly imprisoned. And now he wants someone to investigate and, more importantly, to write his story.
Maggie Rose is a notorious defense attorney and writer whose specialty is getting convictions overturned. At first, Maggie is reluctant to even acknowledge Hamish’s requests to meet, ignoring his letters. But this is a very charismatic and persuasive man, good-looking and intelligent.
Eventually even she can’t resist his lure…

Hamish Wolfe has been sitting in jail, waiting for the right moment to make his move. He knows there is only one person that can save him. And that person is Maggie Rose. Maggie is very good at her job. She has been able to get convictions overturned no matter if the person was guilty or innocent. Which is why Hamish wants Maggie in his corner. This story is not black and white though. And it soon becomes apparent that both of these characters have something to hide.

I really enjoy Sharon Bolton’s writing. She has a way of creating interesting and complex characters and inserting them into equally interesting and complex stories. I liked how  newspaper articles and case information was interspersed throughout the story. And the POV switched between Maggie and Hamish and even the Detective on a few occasions. I’ve always said it and I will say it again...I love a good suspense/mystery. Daisy in Chains is a great suspenseful tale. It kept me guessing, every step of the way. I was surprised by the twist towards the end. I definitely did not see everything coming. And days after I finished reading the book, I was still thinking about it.  So far, this author has not disappointed me with any of her books that I have read. I cannot wait to see what she comes out with next.



RATING: 5  out of 5





Join the Addiction:


No comments:

Post a Comment