Saturday, August 15, 2015

Sneak Peek Quickie: The Accident Season by Moira Fowley-Doyle



Publication: August 18, 2015
Publisher: Kathy Dawson Books / Penguin Young Readers Group
Source: Publisher

Every October Cara and her family become inexplicably and unavoidably accident-prone. Some years it's bad, like the season when her father died, and some years it's just a lot of cuts and scrapes. This accident season--when Cara, her ex-stepbrother, Sam, and her best friend, Bea, are 17--is going to be a bad one. But not for the reasons they think.

Cara is about to learn that not all the scars left by the accident season are physical: There's a long-hidden family secret underneath the bumps and bruises. This is the year Cara will finally fall desperately in love, when she'll start discovering the painful truth about the adults in her life, and when she'll uncover the dark origins of the accident season--whether she’s ready or not.

Kathy Dawson Books made available a sneak peek of The Accident Season by Moïra Fowley-Doyle and I knew immediately I wanted to read it. The synopsis looked very intriguing and since I liked We Were Liars I wanted to try it out. The sneak peek was less than 100 pages, but it was more than enough to wet my appetite for the complete book.

The Accident Season is a creepy atmospheric tale revolving around a family with a tragic past.  The story is shrouded in mystery and perhaps some magic as well. Cara and her family fear the month of October aka the accident season. But they have every right to. There have been several incidents and deaths during this time in her family, so there is always a big feeling of unease. 

“Now every autumn we stock up on bandages and painkillers; we buckle up, we batten down. We never leave the house without at least three protective layers. We’re afraid of the accident season. We’re afraid of how easily accidents turn into tragedies. We have had too many of those already.”

Even though I wasn’t exactly sure what to fully expect with this book and still don’t really, I found that the story quickly and easily pulled me in and I knew I had to know more. I was enjoying the first few chapters so much, I forgot the book isn’t out yet, and went to Amazon to purchase it now in order to keep reading it. Luckily The Accident Season releases on Tuesday, August 18, 2015. So I don’t have much longer to wait.



Pre-order the Book





Join the Addiction:

No comments:

Post a Comment