Thursday, January 8, 2015

In His Shadow (Tangled Ivy #1) by Tiffany Snow


Publication: December 16, 2014
Publisher: Montlake Romance
Source: Publisher
Ivy Mason is hiding—from her past, from herself, and from anyone who could love her. The only kind of love she’s ever known hurts, leaving scars on her body and soul. Now, her world may be boring and predictable, but that’s exactly what she wants. Until Devon Clay walks into her life.

A lonely man in a deadly profession, Devon works as an agent for an underground British agency known only as the Shadow. Nothing about him is safe or ordinary. The danger that consumes his life turns into an addiction Ivy can’t resist...even if it proves fatal.

As Ivy’s past begins to catch up with her, she wonders if love really is the twisted thing she’s always thought it was. Maybe it could be more with this man, who’s shown her that she doesn’t need to protect herself from everyone. Is what she feels for Devon worth the risk? He may save her heart or break it, if she manages to stay alive.
Ivy Mason is an independent shoe obsessed woman who for the most part knows what she wants to achieve. Currently she works as a bank teller for a old and prestigious bank, which is how she ends up meeting sexy british guy, Devon Clay. Ivy has a past trauma, but she doesn’t want that to stop her from moving forward in her life.  She lives with her best friend since childhood Logan.
Devon is a mysterious and secretive fellow. Of course being a spy with an underground British agency might explain some of that. Though I am still debating on how I feel about him. Sexy? Yes. Quick on his feet? Sure.  Protective of Ivy? 100%.  A Villain? Not convinced.  I know his line of work is dangerous and getting too close to someone can be bad for both parties. He keeps insisting that he is a bad guy...a villain.  He’s not the right one for Ivy. But I am just not sure how bad he actually is. It felt like it was a front…a cop out. Rather he is good or bad, he and Ivy have a strong attraction. And just like Ivy cannot stop thinking about him, Devon can’t seem to stay away from her. And their chemistry is sizzling hot. I loved every second of it.

Devon reached up, brushing his thumb across my cheek. “ I don’t have a choice,” he said softly. “With those gold eyes looking at me as if I’m the hero rather than the villain-what’s a man to do?”

I loved getting to know Ivy and cannot wait to see how her character grows within this series.  There is a potential love triangle here. And I am thinking there might a third love interest? In His Shadow was a pretty addictive read. I finished it in less than two days.  So far there hasn’t been a book written by Tiffany Snow that I haven’t enjoyed on some level. I can’t say that I like this more than the Kathleen Turner series, but it’s too early to tell for sure. Regardless I am excited to see what else is in store for Ivy and Devon in book two of the Tangled Ivy Series, Shadow of a Doubt, releasing on May 5, 2015.

RATING: 4 out of 5.
BUY:
Join the Addiction:
My Blog: | Twitter | BlogLovin’ | Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment