Monday, July 7, 2014

A Dark and Twisted Tide (Lacey Flint #4) by Sharon Bolton



Publication: June 3, 2014
Publisher: Minotaur Books
Source:  Publisher



Young policewoman Lacey Flint knows that the Thames is a dangerous place – after all, she lives on it and works on it – but she’s always been lucky. Until one day, when she finds a body floating in the water. Who was this woman and why was she wrapped so carefully in white burial cloths before being hidden in the fast-flowing depths?

DCI Dana Tulloch hates to admit it, but she’s fond of the mysterious Lacey. Even if she keeps on interfering in her investigations, and is meddling with the latest floater case. But now she's got to break some terrible news to her - news that could destroy Lacey's fragile state of mind.

And Lacey will need to keep her wits about her because there's a killer that's lurking around her boat, leaving her gifts she'd rather not receive . . .


When I open a Sharon Bolton book, I know that there are at least two things I can expect. 1. Great character development. 2. Several twists and turns that will have me second guessing everything.

And that was exactly what I got. There is nothing like a good murder/suspense story. A Dark and Twisted Tide was a fun one to get into. After reading the previous book Lost, I was curious to discover what was going to happen next with Lacey.

Even though she now works with the Marine Policing Unit, she doesn’t know how to stay out of trouble. Then again, she wouldn’t be the Lacey I have come to know and love if she did. Of course it isn’t long before Lacey is right in the thick of a murder investigation involving women being murdered and thrown into the Thames.

Though I wasn’t terribly surprised to find out that she lives on a houseboat, I was little disappointed that Mark doesn’t have a larger presence in this story, but there were several characters to keep track of that it didn’t bother me too much.

Sharon Bolton always manages to write a novel that keeps my interest and makes me want to keep reading to find out what is going to happen next. And it didn’t take me long to get pulled into this story. The ending however didn’t really surprise me. I had guessed it a little earlier.  But I did enjoy the book. It has possible human trafficking, murder, and a creepy stalker in the water. This may sound like a weird combination, but the author brings all these things together really well in away that only she can. I will definitely pick up her next book in an instant.



RATING: 4 out of 5.


BUY:
Amazon B&N Kobo





Join the Addiction:

1 comment:

  1. I have a definite soft spot for murder mysteries, or crime books. I love the guessing game, and trying to piece together the clues before the characters do. It's like a fun game to me. :P

    ReplyDelete