Thursday, May 22, 2014

Scare Crow (Crow’s Row #2) by Julie Hockley



PUBLICATION: March 25, 2014

PUBLISHER: iUniverse, Incorporated



Nineteen-year-old Emily Sheppard is losing her sanity. Ever since her mob king boyfriend, Cameron Hillard, abandoned her for her own good, Emmy has been attempting to move on with her charmed college student life as if nothing happened. Now rejected from the underworld and left grieving over Cameron’s alleged death, Emmy realizes she belongs nowhere. Worse yet, she is now keeping a dangerous secret.

After just a short time with Emily, Cameron has lost control over his world. As he miserably attempts to return to what is left of his life and unravel the mess he has made of the underworld, Emily’s hate turns to desperation. She needs to kill the kingpins responsible for Cameron’s death before they come looking for her. As Cameron secretly observes Emily, he has no idea of the danger he has placed her in—or that it may already be too late for him to save her.

Scare Crow is a tale of revenge, terror, and love as Emmy and Cameron embark on separate journeys to face enemies, correct past mistakes, and find their way to their destinies.



I first fell in love with Crow’s Row when I read it back in 2012. It was an awesome story that I loved pretty much instantly. Needless to say, I was super anxious, waiting for the sequel to come out. When I heard it was releasing in March, I was over the moon ecstatic. Finally I would get to see more of Emily and Cameron.

Scare Crow pretty much picks up right were the previous book left off. Emily is still broken up over Cameron’s death…vowing to make those responsible pay. And Cameron is still very much alive, trying to get his organization under control.

I liked seeing her Emily changed…how Cameron’s ‘death’ changed her and how she coped with that. I could totally understand her wanting to make the people she thought was responsible pay for what happened to Cameron, but her ideas were not very realistic. That was pretty much expected though, since she has no experience in killing or doing anything underhanded and dirty. But I was rooting for her the entire time.

I liked the story, but not as much as I was hoping I was going to and not as much as I loved Crow’s Row. This is the part were it might get a little bit spoilerish if you like to go into the book without knowing too many facts. So STOP here!


I did not like that I didn’t get to see Cameron and Emily share any kind of scene until well past the first half of the story. That was a little disappointing. And the ending? It was…okay. It wasn’t the ending I was hoping for. It still left me with some questions, which I was not expecting at all. But I just recently found out that there will be a THIRD BOOK!! So I am placated…at least until it comes out.


RATING: 3-3½ out of 5.


**I received this book on behalf of the Author and Know Your Books Off in exchange for nothing, except my honest opinion. Thank you.**



BUY:
Amazon B&N  | Kobo






Join the Addiction:

No comments:

Post a Comment