Sunday, July 21, 2013

Dangerous Girls by Abigail Haas




Publication: July 16, 2013
Publisher: Simon Pulse



Paradise quickly gets gruesome in this thrilling page-turner with a plot that’s ripped from the headlines and a twist that defies the imagination.


It’s Spring Break of senior year. Anna, her boyfriend Tate, her best friend Elise, and a few other close friends are off to a debaucherous trip to Aruba that promises to be the time of their lives.

But when Elise is found brutally murdered, Anna finds herself trapped in a country not her own, fighting against vile and contemptuous accusations. As Anna sets out to find her friend’s killer, she discovers harsh revelations about her friendships, the slippery nature of truth, and the ache of young love.

Awaiting the judge’s decree, it becomes clear to Anna that everyone around her thinks she is not only guilty, but also dangerous. And when the whole story comes out, reality is more shocking than anyone ever imagined...


“I was going to get a new car for graduation.
I was going to make him proud.
I was going to start all over again.
I was going to be brave, and good, and bold.
I was going to love him forever.
I was going to hold her hand till the very end.”

When I first read the synopsis of this book, it reminded me of the Amanda Knox case and immediately I knew I had to read it.

I was not disappointed. The story starts off with a 911 transcript that the friends of Elise, the murder victim made. From there it is mostly taken from Anna’s point of view. What made this book more fascinating for me to read was the inclusion of text messages, TV, news, and trial transcripts that really added more to an already interesting storyline.  

Elise was such a charismatic young lady that people liked to be around. She and Anna had a very close and special friendship, or so it appeared.

Soon after Elise is murdered it doesn’t take long before the police to start digging into Anna’s friendship with Elise and for Anna to become the prime suspect.

I felt sympathetic to Anna and her struggles. Having every little photo or text message twisted and manipulated to make her look bad. She struggled with the realization that people…ever her friends really thought she was guilty. She was in prison alone in a foreign country awaiting the murder trial of her best friend. Talk about intense and scary.

There are a good number of secrets uncovered and twists to the story that kept me glued to the page. I did not want to stop reading until I reached the end. And that ending had me going WHHHHAAAATTTT????

Dangerous Girls is a story that I will not forget anytime soon. That is what this story will do to you. Stay with you long after you finish it.

I would definitely recommend Dangerous Girls to anyone who enjoys a good YA mystery thriller that will mess with your head.


Rating 4½ out of 5



**I received this book on behalf of Simon Pulse for nothing but my honest opinion. Thank you.**


BUY:
Amazon | B & N | Book Depository 

Powells | Sony | Kobo


Join the Addiction:

No comments:

Post a Comment