Thursday, April 4, 2013

Dear Cassie by Lisa Burstein

Dear Cassie Cover Image

Synopsis:

What if the last place you should fall in love is the first place that you do?
You’d think getting sent to Turning Pines Wilderness Camp for a month-long rehabilitation “retreat” and being forced to re-live it in this journal would be the worst thing that’s ever happened to me.
You’d be wrong.
There’s the reason I was sent to Turning Pines in the first place: I got arrested. On prom night. With my two best friends, who I haven’t talked to since and probably never will again. And then there’s the real reason I was sent here. The thing I can’t talk about with the guy I can’t even think about.
What if the moment you’ve closed yourself off is the moment you start to break open?
But there’s this guy here. Ben. And the more I swear he won’t—he can’t—the deeper under my skin he’s getting. After the thing that happened, I promised I’d never fall for another boy’s lies.
And yet I can’t help but wonder…what if?


*****************************************************


Dear Cassie is Lisa Burstein’s follow-up/companion novel to Pretty Amy.
After the whole prom night incident Cassie ends up getting arrested. She is given a choice to either go to jail or to a rehabilitation camp. Rehabilitation it is. She learns the hard way that there are consequences and that every action as a reaction.

I liked Cassie. She has a tough exterior, but inside she is completely different. Her big bad attitude is just a way to keep people at bay. Inside she is scared, lonely, and filled with guilt over the choices she has made.
She is given a journal at Turning Pines that she must write in daily. And it is through the journal that I was able to see the pieces of her past more clearly and discover what is really tormenting Cassie.

Cassie meets Ben at the camp even though he is intrigued by her, she could not care less about him. The way she blows him off only makes him all the more curious and he does not give up so easily. Being burned before I could totally understand why Cassie is not interested at first in Ben. It is so hard learning how to trust someone again. Especially when she is also hiding a secret of her own.

Dear Cassie is an emotional story about a girl who is scared, confused, and unsure of the right choice to make. I think that Cassie being sent to Turning Pines Wilderness Camp helped her to work through some of her problems, learn to forgive herself, and grow. I would recommend this book to fans of Realistic Fiction/YA Contemporary.



Rating 4 out of 5.


** I received this book courtesy of Entangled Publishing / Entangled Teen in exchange for nothing but my honest review. Thank you**



Buy:





My Blog: http://lifeasabookaddict.blogspot.com/
Facebook Me: http://www.facebook.com/TheLifeTimesOfABookAddict 
Follow Me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/BookAddict4Life

No comments:

Post a Comment