Monday, March 18, 2013

Top Ten Books I HAD To Buy…But Are Still Sitting On My Shelf Unread



This week’s Top Ten Tuesday, is about the “Top Ten Books I HAD To Buy…But Are Still Sitting On My Shelf Unread.” 
As a reminder, Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish blog. So here is a list of some of the books I was dying to buy and have yet to read. This short list is just a tip of the iceberg for me when it comes to books I haven’t read…Anywho enough of my ramblings, check out my list! 
(P.S. Clicking on the book covers will take you to Goodreads) 



 The Diviners by Libba Bray – I love Libba Bray’s writing. I think the Gemma Doyle series rocked and I was beyond ecstatic to get “The Diviners.”


I’ve Got Your Number by Sophie Kinsella – I read the sample on this one and thought that it was super cute, so naturally I had to buy it.


The Bridge by Karen Kingsbury – When the holiday season was coming up last year, I was looking for something Christmasy to read and was looking forward to reading this one. But unfortunately the holiday came and went and now it is March and I have yet to tackle this one.


Fate by Elizabeth Reyes – After loving ‘Making You Mine,’ I was excited to grab ‘Fate’ as soon as it was released. 


Reflected in You by Sylvia Day – Loved ‘Bared to You.’ I Pre-ordered ‘Reflected as soon as I possibly could, but I still have not had the chance to read it.


Sirens by Janet Fox – I love period books and this one is in the 1920’s. A gangster, secrets, a little romance thrown in for good measure and I was sold!


The Sea of Tranquility by Katja Millay – I kept hearing about this story for a while, and knew I had to buy it. Hopefully I can read it before the end of summer this year.


Avoiding Responsibility by K.A. Linde – ‘Avoiding Responsibility’ was an insane emotional roller-coaster ride that I absolutely loved. Why I have not read the sequel to it, I do not know. I think I just have not been in the mood for a book that I know will mess with my emotions like this one. I need to read it soon though.


The Madman’s Curse by Megan Shepherd – This one sounded very intriguing, I knew I had to read it. At least I thought I did…



The Painted Girls by Cathy Marie Buchanan – Historical fiction has always been one of my first loves and the synopsis of this book instantly caught my eye. I have been meaning to read this one for a while now.


So that’s my list, what is yours?? Show me your links below! J


12 comments:

  1. I'm eagerly anticipating Megan Shepherd's The Madman's Daughter, I've already ordered it.

    Sophie Kinsella is one of my all time fave Author so hope you enjoy this new book of hers, which I still haven't gotten :(

    My Top Ten

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Angelica. I hope I like them. I hope you get to read all of the books on your list :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't gotten The Madamn's Daughter but I'll really want to (though I probably won't have much time for it looking at my own TTT list...). Friends have been telling me to read The Diviners and I've Got Your Number so hope you'll get through these books and do your purchased books some justice :D

    Alicia @ Book a World
    My Top Ten Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just learned that the Diviners takes place in the 20s and now I am dying to read it. I love that time period. Here is my Top Ten
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oww you got some great books up there that are flirting with me too. I am curious what you think of The Painted Girls so I hope you read it soon ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Diviners is marvelous, and I also enjoyed The Madman's Daughter. I haven't read any of the others yet, but I've heard great things about The Sea of Tranquility.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this sight! now following :) Would love a follow back!

    http://pagesofcomfort.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the 1920's as well Angie. I need to read it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've read The Sea of Tranquility is good. I don't think I loved it like so many people did, but I did really enjoy it. I hope you like it. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh, that "I knew I had to read it" feeling isn't always accurate, is it?

    I'm intrigued by Sirens. I love the 20s--yet I haven't read my copy of The Diviners yet, either!
    Ruby's Reads

    ReplyDelete