Friday, March 15, 2013

On Dublin Street by Samantha Young




Jocelyn Butler has been hiding from her past for years. But all her secrets are about to be laid bare… Four years ago, Jocelyn left her tragic past behind in the States and started over in Scotland, burying her grief, ignoring her demons, and forging ahead without attachments. Her solitary life is working well—until she moves into a new apartment on Dublin Street where she meets a man who shakes her carefully guarded world to its core. Braden Carmichael is used to getting what he wants, and he’s determined to get Jocelyn into his bed. Knowing how skittish she is about entering a relationship, Braden proposes an arrangement that will satisfy their intense attraction without any strings attached. But after an intrigued Jocelyn accepts, she realizes that Braden won’t be satisfied with just mind-blowing passion. The stubborn Scotsman is intent on truly knowing her… down to the very soul.

**********************************************

From their first meeting in a cab, there was just something about Jocelyn that had Braden intrigued. 
He has been hurt in the past, and it is hard for him to completely trust the person he is with. But when he is with Jocelyn, he lets her in little by little. Revealing more of himself in the process. Jocelyn has major issues herself. She never wants anyone to get too close to her. She tries to shut herself out from caring about people too much. This is why she believes their friends with ‘benefits’ relationship will work perfectly. No messing emotions to deal with. Easier said than done…

To me it seemed like he wanted to have a real relationship with her from the beginning. But because she did not, he was willing to make a deal they both would be happy with. He was a little sneaky in his attempts to ‘date’ her and get to know more about her life, which I thought was cute.  
Of course it does not take very long for Jocelyn to realize that she actually cares for Braden; a fact that scares her. And she begins to question if it really is better to keep people at a distance.


What I liked:

I loved Braden. I think he is going on my book boyfriends list because I liked him so much. He is a great alpha hero. He speaks his mind, is determined, and very sexy…. 


Final thoughts:

I don’t know why I waited so long to read this book. Seriously. I bought it when practically everyone I knew was raving about it, and it just set there on my virtual shelf collecting dust. Finally I was in the mood for a little romance and On Dublin Street did not disappoint. It had just the right amount of drama, angst, and steamy romance to keep me turning pages. I loved it.


Rating: 4½ out of 5. 



Buy:




Follow Me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/BookAddict4Life

No comments:

Post a Comment