Monday, October 29, 2012

The Vincent Boys by Abbi Glines



From Goodreads
There was something wicked about Beau that drew me to him. What was wrong with me? Why did I want to sin so badly

Ashton is getting tired of being good, of impressing her parents and playing ideal girlfriend to Sawyer Vincent. Sawyer is perfect, a regular Prince Charming, but when he leaves town for the summer, it’s his cousin Beau who catches Ashton’s eye. Beau is the sexiest guy she’s ever seen, and even though he’s dangerous, Ashton is drawn to him.

Beau loves his cousin like a brother, so the last thing he wants to do is make a move on Sawyer’s girl. Ashton is off-limits, absolutely. That’s why he does his best to keep his distance, even though he’s been in love with her forever. When Ashton wants to rekindle their childhood friendship in Sawyer’s absence, Beau knows he should say no.

Ashton and Beau don’t want to hurt Sawyer. But the more they try to stay away from each other, the more intense their urges become. It’s getting way too hard to resist....

****************************************

I have been hearing so many good things about this book that I finally had to give it a try for myself. And I am so glad that I did.

Ashton is close childhood friends cousins Beau and Sawyer Vincent.

Ashton is a preacher’s daughter. She is always trying to be there for everyone in her life. And she constantly feels the pressure to be the good daughter for her parents and do what they want. Because of this, it made sense that she would want to later on rebel and have some fun in her life. She questions if she should do what people expect her to do, or follow her heart instead.

Sawyer is the all-round nice guy.  He goes to church every Sunday with Ashton, and he comes from a good respectable family. He cares what people think of him. He enjoys having the perfect family and the perfect girlfriend.

I love bad boys in romance stories, and Beau is just that. He had his jerk moments, but he turned out to be sweet and protective of Ash, and I liked that.  Beau is more of his own person. He doesn’t care what other people say about him or think of him.

As they become older Beau and Sawyer start taking notice of Ashton and Sawyer decides to ask her out first, which Ashton accepts. They continue to have a happy relationship for the next three years. But when Sawyer goes away during the summer, Ashton and Beau begin to spend more and more time together. And that is when everything between these three changes.

“If I’d ever taken the time to wonder about my soul being as black as this town seemed to believe, I knew the moment Ashton stepped out of her little white Jetta looking like an angel from Heaven that my soul was damned to Hell.”Abbi Glines, Beau from The Vincent Boys

The story interchanges between Ashton and Beau’s point of view, which gives the reader a better looking into their lives to understand them better.  

The Vincent Boys felt like a little bit of an emotional rollercoaster. It’s an intense story made me sad, frustrated, and happy. The characters felt real and the story was one I easily got into once I started reading. I did not want this story to end. I cannot wait to read Sawyer’s story in The Vincent Brothers. Oh and for those who like the feel of a physical book in your hands, The Vincent Boys will be released in hardcover and paperback tomorrow October 30, 2012!



Rating: 3½ out of 5.

Purchase the Vincent Boys here:





No comments:

Post a Comment