Monday, March 23, 2015

Heir of Fire (Throne of Glass #3) by Sarah J. Maas



Publication: September 2, 2014
Publisher: Bloomsbury USA Childrens
Source: The Publisher / Own a Copy

Lost and broken, Celaena Sardothien’s only thought is to avenge the savage death of her dearest friend: as the King of Adarlan’s Assassin, she is bound to serve this tyrant, but he will pay for what he did. Any hope Celaena has of destroying the king lies in answers to be found in Wendlyn. Sacrificing his future, Chaol, the Captain of the King’s Guard, has sent Celaena there to protect her, but her darkest demons lay in that same place. If she can overcome them, she will be Adarlan’s biggest threat – and his own toughest enemy.
While Celaena learns of her true destiny, and the eyes of Erilea are on Wendlyn, a brutal and beastly force is preparing to take to the skies. Will Celaena find the strength not only to win her own battles, but to fight a war that could pit her loyalties to her own people against those she has grown to love?

This time Celaena makes her way to Wendlyn in order to find a way to bring down the King of Adarlan.  On her journey she encounters Rowan, a fae warrior who has sworn his allegiance to Maeve. Celaena needs to meet her in order to get information regarding the Wyrdmarks. Maeve of course won’t just give her the information, she wants Celaena to learn about and be able to control her Fae form. So Rowan attempts to teach her how to control her magic when she shifts into it. Celaena knows how to handle her own when fighting a human, but it turns out she’s not so great when it comes to harnessing her magical powers. Training with Rowan is anything but easy, and they push each others buttons and argue A LOT.  But once Celaena starts to get the hang of things, they find that they do make a good team. I’m secretly hoping these two will get together. I think it would be awesome.

Meanwhile in Adarlan...Dorian is still attempting to get his magic under control with the help of a healer named Sorscha. Because of the deal he made with his father in order to protect Celaena the only way he knew how, Chaol is preparing to leave Adarlan behind and go back to his home.

The King has now brought in the witches to help aide him in his plot. Which introduces Manon Blackbeak of the Blackbeak clan. I may be the only one who thought this, but I just couldn’t get that into her storyline like I wanted to. But I will say this…Manon gives new meaning to the term badass witch. She is definitely a cunning, cutthroat, witch who isn’t afraid of a little or a lot of bloodshed. She knows what she wants for her and her clan and she will not back down for no one. I love her fierceness. If Manon and Celaena ever get into a confrontation, it will be interesting to see what will happen.

I do not know why it took me so long to read this book. I have no clue. I remember when I first started it, I wasn’t in the right mood, so I put it aside, but regardless I am so glad I read it when I did. It was such an addictive read. I stayed up till 2am and 4am two nights in a row reading devouring this book like nobody’s business. Nothing really major happens to past the halfway mark of the book, but I never found anything boring. The different POV’s added to the story and kept things moving at a good pace. I couldn’t stop reading and all I wanted to know was what was going to happen next. I think I liked this book a little better than I did Crown of Midnight. Or it just could be that each book keeps getting better and better. I cannot wait for book 4,  Queen of Shadows coming September 1, 2015.


RATING: 5 out of 5.



BUY:

 

Join the Addiction:
My Blog: | Twitter | BlogLovin’ | Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment