Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Twice Tempted (Night Prince #2) by Jeaniene Frost




Publication: March 26, 2013
Publisher: Avon
Source: Bought



Dating the Prince of Darkness has its challenges...

Leila's psychic abilities have been failing her, and now she isn't sure what the future holds. If that weren't enough, her lover, Vlad, has been acting distant. Though Leila is a mere mortal, she's also a modern woman who refuses to accept the cold shoulder treatment forever–especially from the darkly handsome vampire who still won't admit that he loves her.

Like choosing between eternal love and a loveless eternity...

Soon circumstances send Leila back to the carnival circuit, where tragedy strikes. And when she finds herself in the crosshairs of a killer who may be closer than she realizes, Leila must decide who to trust– the fiery vampire who arouses her passions like no other or the tortured knight who longs to be more than a friend? With danger stalking her every step of the way, all it takes is one wrong move to damn her for eternity.


After the first events from the first book, Leila finds herself hopefully just temporarily without her powers and questioning if Vlad still cares for her.  I feel like if I say too much, that this review will end up being too spoilery and I don’t want to ruin it for others who may have not read this book or the first one yet.

I was hesitant at first to start Twice Tempted even though I really enjoyed Once Burned. Mainly because I had heard mixed reviews on it, but I am glad that I didn’t let that stop me from reading it.

I loved seeing Vlad and Leila’s relationship progress. They are both stubborn and strong willed. It was interesting to see Vlad attempting to compromise and make things work with her, even though he is not used to doing that.

The bad guys are still out there trying to get to Vlad. Vlad has it all under control, but Leila is not a woman to just sit and do what she is told. She wants to help. Sometimes that makes her decisions seem a little reckless, but she has the best intentions. Unfortunately that can also get her into trouble.
Jeaniene Frost does a really good job at creating interesting plots and characters. I was hooked onto the story from the very beginning, and it never lacked in pace of the plot or events. I have mixed feelings about something that  happened to Leila. I sort of wished things would’ve stayed the same, but what are you going to do? The story was still fun and entertaining. I felt like something was always going on, but it didn’t feel like it was too much going on, which was great. I cannot wait for the third and I believe last book in the Night Prince series, Bound by Flames. It is expected to be releasing January 27, 2015.


RATING: 4 out of 5.

BUY THE BOOK:




Join the Addiction:
My Blog: | Twitter | BlogLovin’ | Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment