Monday, September 29, 2014

Torture to Her Soul (Monster in His Eyes #2) by J.M. Darhower



Publication:September 29, 2014
Publisher: J.M. Darhower
Source: The Author / Bought


Don't say it unless you mean it…

It's a simple concept, one I've said time and again, but something people don't seem to comprehend. You should choose every syllable carefully, because you never know when somebody will hold you to your word.

Somebody like me.

I'm not a good man. I'm not. I know. I have enough darkness inside of me to rid the world of every stitch of light. But there's one I could never harm, one light I couldn't bring myself to snuff out.

Karissa.

She thinks I'm a monster, and maybe I am. I taunt her with my touch, get a thrill out of torturing her soul. But I'm not the only one. The world is full of monsters, and I'm not the most dangerous one out there.

Not even close…

God help me, I love her.

I do.

And God help anyone who tries to take her from me.

“When you’ve got nothing left inside of you except for darkness, it becomes easier to snuff out somebody else’s light.
And that’s me. I do what I want, take what I want, and make no apologies for any of it. After all, I wasn’t born this way. The world made me who I am, and the world pays for that mistake every day.”

OMG.There are just no words….there are no words to adequately describe how great it was to finally be able to read the conclusion of Naz and Karissa’s story! I was beyond excited. Naz is such a tortured bad ass. And Karissa...she is still a little innocent and naive about things, but if Naz is okay with that then I am too.  They are opposites, but they are good are for each other.

Torture to Her Soul basically picks up not long after where the first book left us. And much to my surprise, I discovered that this story is told from Naz’s point of view. Something I wasn’t expecting, but I very much enjoyed.  I kind of feel torn while writing this review, because I don’t want to get spoilery and ruin the experience for those who have yet to read it. So I am going to try and keep it short and simple.

Karissa is still struggling with her feelings for Naz. She loves of him, but she knows she shouldn’t. Naz doesn’t appreciate the fact the Karissa  is shutting him out.  Naz is afraid that he is losing her. He is conflicted about his feelings as well, but he knows that he needs her. He needs her like he needs air to breathe. And she needs him more than she realizes.

It was pretty interesting being able to see inside Naz’s head….his thoughts and reasonings. It was especially interesting to see his relationship with Ray and how that changed when Karissa entered the picture.  Naz has always had his head in the game. He made a promise to Ray and he plotted his revenge for years. Letting that hurt and anger fester inside of him the whole time. But nothing could have prepared him for falling in love with Karissa Rita. And he has to deal with the consequences of that.

Nothing is ever cut and dry. Love can be the greatest thing, but it can also be painful. The truth is never simple and when your in bed with mob, you can never get too comfortable. Naz and Karissa’s life is never be boring, that’s for sure. And I loved being a part of their journey. Monster in His Eyes is still the best book of the two in my opinion, but I still enjoyed  Torture to Her Soul a lot. I loved seeing the progress...the give and take these two made. And I think their ending was a good one. The author really knows how to write a story that hooks you in and gets you emotionally invested.

So this didn’t really turn out to be the short review I had originally hoped for. And I am probably rambling for a good portion of it. My apologies. I can’t wait for you guys to read it and tell me your thoughts on it!


RATING: 5 out of 5.


BUY THE BOOK:



Join the Addiction:
My Blog: | Twitter | BlogLovin’ | Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment