Monday, April 28, 2014

Lost in Me (Here & Now #1) by Lexi Ryan



Publication: April 6, 2014

Publisher: Ever After, LLC.



Lost in Me is the first book in the Here and Now series, a spin-off of the New York Times and USA Today bestselling New Hope series. This sexy amnesia love triangle is intended for mature readers.

The last thing I remember is having drinks at Brady’s and trying to avoid eye-contact with my life-long crush—the gorgeous, unattainable Maximilian Hallowell. They tell me that was a year ago, but I have no memories of anything since then. What I do have is this ring on my finger that Max says he gave me, and this much-thinner body I’ve dreamed of most of my life. Aside from a case of retrograde amnesia, everything seems almost...perfect. 

But the deeper I immerse myself into this new world of mine—planning a wedding to a man I don't remember dating, attempting to run a business I don't remember starting—the clearer it becomes that nothing is as it seems. Do I have the life I’ve always wanted or is it a facade propped up by secrets I don't even know I have?

I need answers before I marry Max, and the only person who seems to have them is the angry, tatted, sexy-as-sin rocker Nate Crane. And Nate wants me for himself.

Lost in Me is not a standalone novel, as the story continues in Here and Now book two, Fall to You, releasing in June.



I’ve always been intrigued when it came to stories of women losing their memories and then suddenly finding themselves in a difficult situation. Which is why this particular story got my interest.

Hanna wakes up in the hospital bruised and battered from a supposed fall down the stairs with an engagement ring on her finger from fiancĂ© Max. The guy she has longed for since she was a teenager. As if having an accident wasn’t enough, she wakes up with no memory of the past 11 months.

Hanna is a great character. She is sweet, loyal, would want others to feel better before herself, and someone I would want to know in real life. But she is also insecure about her weight…which she lost a lot of over the last few months, and she’s insecure about her relationship with Max. It’s tough trying to move forward in relationship when you can’t remember any of it even occurring. But Hanna is determined to make the best of the situation.

“I feel like the universe wants me to see everything, to not take it for granted. The doctor said my memory will probably be back soon, so maybe this is the luckiest thing that’s ever happened to me. How many of us get to step back from our lives and see how perfect they really are?” “No one’s life is perfect, Hanna.” “You know what I mean.” “I do know, and it worries me. You’ve got stars in your eyes about your life, and in a couple of days you’re going to start living it again. I just don’t want you to be disappointed if it isn’t everything it seems.”

To make matters further complicated, there is a mysterious and sexy rocker that she shares a connection with…one she can’t stop thinking about. Plus her mom is very determined to make this wedding between her and Max take place very quickly. But she is equally determined to remember.

There is an air of mystery to this story as we get to see flashbacks of Hanna’s life months before her accident and try to fill in the blanks of what happened. I really enjoyed the story-line. More than I thought I would. The ending surprised me with something I in no way saw coming. At. All. So if you are a reader who can’t stand cliff hanger books, then at least hold off until the second book comes out in June.




RATING: 4 out of 5.




BUY:





Join the Addiction:

No comments:

Post a Comment