Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Down to You (A Bad Boys Novel #1) by M. Leighton



Publication: February 12, 2013

Publisher: Berkley



One girl. Twin brothers. An uncommon triangle. 

When college student Olivia Townsend returned home to help her father run his business, she never imagined a complication like Cash and Nash Davenport—twin brothers different in so many ways but with one thing in common: an uncontrollable desire for Olivia.

Cash is dangerous, sexy, and bad to the bone—a man whose kisses make Olivia forget she is playing with fire. Nash is successful, reliable and intensely passionate—and already taken. But all it takes is one soft stroke to make Olivia forget he belongs to someone else.

However, Olivia is in for a surprise. These boys have a secret that should make her run away as far and as fast as she can. If only it wasn’t too late. A sensual game between three players has begun, and it’s about to spin deliriously out of control.



Instead of reading it, I decided to listen to Down to You on audiobook which was narrated by Kate Rudd and Benjamin L. Darcie. The narration was okay. I wasn’t wowed by it, but I didn’t hate it either. I liked Kate’s narration better than Benjamin’s. I felt like it was hard for me to connect with Cash and Nash the way Benjamin was doing the voice. I wished that Kate could have narrated the whole story.  

I did like how hardworking Olivia was. She was very dedicated to getting an Accounting degree so she could help her father run his farm. She has a tendency to over-think things and worry about others before herself. Stuck with no other viable place to live, Olivia moves in with her snooty rich cousin Marissa. Marissa happens to be dating Nash, one of the twins. Nash is interning at the same law firm Marissa works at.

Despite him being in a relationship, he begins to develop feelings for Olivia. He tries his best to ignore them, but his feelings for her are stronger than anything he has ever experienced. The same goes for Olivia. She respects the fact that he is dating her cousin and doesn’t want to come between them, even though she can’t stand Marissa. Being in the same room with Nash though calls into question rather she can keep denying how she feels.

"Note to self: Do not expect coherent thought to be possible when staring at Nash. Motor skills may be impaired as well. Take necessary precautions.”


Cash owns his own club which is where Olivia first meets him at. As soon as he locks eyes with her he knows that he has to have her.  Olivia on the other hand may be attracted to him, but she knows he is a bad boy and bad boys inevitably will break your heart. Plus she hasn’t had the best experience when it comes to picking the right guy. She soon learns that staying away from someone you’re strongly attracted to, is hard to do when they are always around.

"It occurs to me that no matter how much I avoid him, no matter how wrong I know he is for me. He is going to be nearly impossible to resist."  


This book was cute and sexy romance read. It was also funny. There were several moments that made me laugh and swoon.  
It’s pretty clear that both Cash and Nash are hiding something. And I knew there was a twist, but I wasn’t expecting a surprise like that. I am not quite sure how I feel about it. I thought it was a little odd though…maybe it’s just me. Aside from the twist, the story was a little predictable, but I still enjoyed the story and expect to read the second book in the series to see what else happens with these characters.




RATING: 4 out of 5.



BUY:







Join the Addiction:



No comments:

Post a Comment