Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday # 23



Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine. The goal is to spotlight upcoming books that I am super excited for.

This week I am waiting on One Kick (Kick Lannigan #1) by Chelsea Cain.






Expected Publication: August 12, 2014

Publisher: Simon and Schuster



Kick Lannigan, 21, is a survivor. Abducted at age six in broad daylight, the police, the public, perhaps even her family assumed the worst had occurred. And then Kathleen Lannigan was found, alive, six years later. In the early months following her freedom, as Kick struggled with PTSD, her parents put her through a litany of therapies, but nothing helped until the detective who rescued her suggested Kick learn to fight. Before she was thirteen, Kick learned marksmanship, martial arts, boxing, archery, and knife throwing. She excelled at every one, vowing she would never be victimized again. But when two children in the Portland area go missing in the same month, Kick goes into a tailspin. Then an enigmatic man Bishop approaches her with a proposition: he is convinced Kick's experiences and expertise can be used to help rescue the abductees. Little does Kick know the case will lead directly into her terrifying past…



The premise of One Kick sounds really unique. I like the fact that it’s a thriller/mystery and that the main character suffered a traumatic event, but seems to come out of it a fighter.



This is what I recently added to my ever growing TBR List. What book are you looking forward to this week??



5 comments:

  1. The premise does sound unique but I have an issue with protagonist's name, ugh. Anyway, great pick!

    ~Poppy Fairy
    Our WOW post
    Musings of the Book-a-holic Fairies

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool pick. I like the synopsis.

    Happy Wednesday!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. One Kick is new to me and it's not a genre a usually read but it sounds great. Definitely adding to my TBR. Great pick :)
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooh, I love the cover. I'll have to check this out. Great pick! :)

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete