Monday, February 17, 2014

Kaleidoscope (Colorado Mountain #6) by Kristen Ashley



Publication: February 4, 2014

Publisher: Grand Central Publishing / Forever



When old friends become new lovers...anything can happen.

Sexy, gifted, and loyal, PI Jacob Decker is a tall, cool drink of perfection who had Emmanuelle Holmes at "hello." His relationship with Emme's best friend kept them apart for years, but things have changed. Now that a case has brought him to Gnaw Bone, Colorado, the road is wide open for Emme and Deck to explore something hotter and deeper than Emme dreamed possible. So why is she sabotaging the best thing that's ever happened to her? 

It isn't easy to catch Deck off guard, but Emme does just that when she walks back into his life after nine long years. The curvy brunette had her charms back in the day, but now she's a bona fide knockout . . . and she wants to rekindle their friendship. Deck, however, wants more. Emme's always been the one; she excites Deck's body and mind like no other woman can. But a dark chapter from Emme's past overshadows their future together. Now only Deck can help her turn the page-if she'll let him . . .


“This was a kaleidoscope of beauty, the dials spinning, ever changing, but never anything short of spectacular.” 

I don’t know what it is, but there is just something about the way Kristen Ashley writes a romance, that sucks me in every single time. Kaleidoscope, her latest novel is no exception. It gave me so many good feels. 

What’s different to me about this book than Kristen’s earlier books is that there is no really big struggle to get these two together. They are separated for nine years, but from the beginning of the story, they are drawn to each other the moment they lock eyes in town.

It’s easy to see that these two still have feelings for one another. Deck cares about her well-being so much that not even a week after reconnecting; he rounds up his friends to help put installation in her home. Super sweet gesture.

“Sitting there, all that was Jacob, and all that being spectacular sitting across from me, holding my eyes, I finally understood that the reason I was angry at my friend was because, in throwing Jacob away, she took him away from me.
And now I had him back, but also, he was saying I’d always had him a different way, we just didn’t go there and he was going to take us there.
Yes. I had no clue what to say but my body had a clue how to feel. Warm and there were a lot more tingles.”

Emme wants this thing between her and Deck to succeed, but she is a little scared and overwhelmed. Even though it’s taken so long for them to get together as a couple, everything seems to be unfolding pretty quickly for them. Not to mention Emme went through a tough time years ago, something that she may think she is over, but it is obvious she isn’t. And the result of this incident affects how she is today. (That is a little bit vague I know, but I don’t want to spoil it for those who haven’t read it yet.)

I liked the fact that Deck and Emme started off as friends first. Deck is an awesome sexy alpha male, who knows what he wants, and goes after it with everything he is. What woman wouldn’t love that? Emme is sweet, caring, and when loyal. Their back and forth banter was cute and funny. There is not a big amount of suspense or thrills, which I am used to from her other books, but to me it’s still a good story. I enjoyed reading Kaleidoscope; it was a sweet and fun romance to dive into.


RATING: 4 out of 5.

**I received this book on behalf of the Publisher in exchange for nothing but my honest opinion. Thank you**



BUY:




Join the Addiction:

No comments:

Post a Comment