Monday, October 7, 2013

The Dream Thieves (The Raven Cycle #2) by Maggie Stiefvater




Publication: September 17, 2013
Publisher: Scholastic Press




Now that the ley lines around Cabeswater have been woken, nothing for Ronan, Gansey, Blue, and Adam will be the same. Ronan, for one, is falling more and more deeply into his dreams, and his dreams are intruding more and more into waking life. Meanwhile, some very sinister people are looking for some of the same pieces of the Cabeswater puzzle that Gansey is after...



“His eyes were frighteningly alive, the curve of his mouth savage and pleased. It suddenly didn't seem at all surprising that he should be able to pull things from his dreams.
In that moment, Blue was a little in love with all of them. Their magic. Their quest. Their awfulness and strangeness. Her raven boys.”

-
Maggie Stiefvater, The Dream Thieves


The Dream Thieves pretty much picks up right where The Raven Boys left off. Whereas The Raven Boys focused more on Blue Sargent; The Dream Thieves focuses heavily on Ronan Lynch, who in essence is a dream thief.
Ronan being a Greywaren (aka: dream thief)  is in more danger than he realizes, when other people such as the Gray Man, come to town looking for the Greywaren, not knowing at first that it is actually Ronan.

I have to admit that even though I liked all of the characters in The Raven Boys, I was not a big fan of Ronan’s. That is until I read The Dream Thieves. I really enjoyed seeing things through his perspective. And by the end of the book, I liked him almost as much as I liked Gansey. Almost. Ronan is such a unique and complex character. And his mind/dreams are one scary as heck place to be.

Thanks to the deal Adam made with Cabeswater, ley lines have been awakened and the power that comes along with that is unexpected and unimaginable.

Blue is still struggling with her feelings for Gansey and the weight of knowing that her true love will die if/when she kisses him. Tired of enhancing others supernatural gifts, she is also trying to figure out what she wants out of life. What her ‘something more’ is.

And Gansey, well he of course has not given up his search for the sleeping Welsh King Glendower.

I don’t want to say too much. You’ll just have to read it for yourself, because I don’t want to spoil any part of the story for you.

I have to admit though that even though I was excited to read this book, I was a little hesitant as well. Sometimes the second book in a series is not as good as the first book. I was happy to discover that this is not the case with The Dream Thieves.

 I thought that the writing was a little dark, and very well done. I hadn’t thought about a book this much after I read it like I have with this one. The Dream Thieves will suck you in, expand your imagination, and possibly make you cry by tugging on your heartstrings like it did with me.

 I thoroughly enjoyed the unique storyline and I am eagerly awaiting the third installment of The Raven Cycle Series!



RATING: 4½  out of 5.

**I received this book on behalf of the Publisher in exchange for nothing but my honest opinion. Thank you**


BUY:


Join the Addiction:
My Blog: | Twitter | BlogLovin’ | Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment