Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday # 5



Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine. The goal is to spotlight upcoming books that I am super excited for.

This week’s W.O.W. is Nearly Gone by Elle Cosimano.




Expected Publication: March 25, 2014

Publisher: Kathy Dawson Books

Bones meets Fringe in a big, dark, scary, brilliantly-plotted urban thriller that will leave you guessing until the very end.

Nearly Boswell knows how to keep secrets. Living in a DC trailer park, she knows better than to share anything that would make her a target with her classmates. Like her mother's job as an exotic dancer, her obsession with the personal ads, and especially the emotions she can taste when she brushes against someone's skin. But when a serial killer goes on a killing spree and starts attacking students, leaving cryptic ads in the newspaper that only Nearly can decipher, she confides in the one person she shouldn't trust: the new guy at school—a reformed bad boy working undercover for the police, doing surveillance. . . on her.

Nearly might be the one person who can put all the clues together, and if she doesn't figure it all out soon—she'll be next.


I came across this book a couple of weeks ago and as soon as I read “Bones meets Fringe” I was sold.  I love the TV show Bones.
Not to mention that the cover is killer. If I saw it sitting on a shelf in the bookstore, I would pick it up for the cover alone.

9 comments:

  1. I remember watching Bones when it first came out and loving it. I really like the crime/thrillers so I will definitely be checking this out.


    My Waiting on Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thriller's not my thing. But I hope you enjoy it!

    Here's my Wednesday post.

    Michelle, The Escapist.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YES, this is one I really want to read as well! Great choice :)

    Here's my WoW

    Jess @ Such A Novel Idea

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was my WoW last week. Thanks for sharing it sounds really good :)

    follower

    http://www.itchingforbooks.com/2013/07/waiting-on-wednesday-56-landry-park.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with you. This one looks awesome. Bones meet Fringe. Serial killers. I can't wait. Great pick!
    Natflix&Books' WoW

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am very excited for March Shane. Thanks for checking out my Wow.

    ReplyDelete