Friday, June 14, 2013

Book Review: Fire Inside (Chaos #2) by Kristen Ashley



Publication: June 4, 2013
Publisher: Hachette Book Group/Forever Publishing


Synopsis:
Lanie Heron isn’t looking for love—no surprise, considering her last serious relationship nearly got her killed. So when Lanie propositions Hop Kincaid, all she wants is one wild night with the hot-as-hell biker who patrols with the Chaos Motorcycle Club...

For Hop, Lanie has always been untouchable. She’s too polished and too classy for his tastes. But when she gives Hop the once-over with her bedroom eyes and offers him a night in paradise, he can’t say no. And he doesn’t regret it when he finds that Lanie is the best thing that’s ever happened to him—in or out of bed. Now the trick will be to convince her of that.
***********************************************************************
 “Every step, every breath, every second I lived on this earth, I’m thankful for, no matter how fucked up or whacked or hard or good, ’cause all that shit led me to you.” –Kristen Ashley, Fire Inside
 Lately I haven’t been reading as many romance novels as I used to, but there is one author that I just love to pieces and will always be in the mood for. That person is Kristen Ashley.
I don’t know how she does it, but she writes stories that instantly suck me in with amazingly sexy alpha male heroes and heroines. Her stories are angst/drama filled, funny, and definitely swoon-worthy. Her latest book, Fire Inside is no exception. Fire Inside tells the story of Lanie and Hop whose first appearance was made in Motorcycle Man (The Dream Man Series).
Seven years have passed since Lanie, Tyra’s best friend went through hell and back after her fiancée was murdered by the Russian mob. Tyra’s life was also put in danger, and Lanie was almost killed herself.
 Ever since then she hasn’t really been living her life to the fullest. She is afraid of putting herself out there again and getting hurt. Which considering what happened to her before, I don’t really blame her. But Lanie decides that she has waited long enough, so one night after spotting Hop at a party, she opts for a passionate no strings attached night with him. Just one night only….or so they both thought.
After that one night turns into many more, it is obvious that they cannot get enough of each other. With Lanie’s issues and Hops own past mistakes and possessive ways, things do not go smoothly for either of them. That’s what makes the story more interesting. I love seeing couples trying to work out/through their problems and create something worth having.
I have to admit that at when I first heard that Lanie and Hop were going to get their own story, I was somewhat skeptical. Lanie I was happy for, but I wasn’t quite sold on Hop...yet. I am glad I put my skepticism aside and read it. I was grinning from ear to ear practically the whole time I was reading the story. When a story is good, I always hate for it to be over, but with Kristen Ashley’s books, I look forward to her HEA’s and kiss-ass epilogues that make me sigh and swoon. She writes an awesome romance story.
If you love romance with a high-maintenance, dramatic heroine and a hot, dominate biker dude then take a look at Fire Inside as well as the rest of Kristen Ashley’s Dream Man series.


Rating: 4½ out of 5.

**I received this book on behalf of Hachette Book Group/ Grand Central Publishing, Forever in exchange for nothing, but my honest opinion.**


BUY:



My Blog: http://lifeasabookaddict.blogspot.com
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/TheLifeTimesOfABookAddict
Twitter: https://twitter.com/BookAddict4Life 

No comments:

Post a Comment