Thursday, March 7, 2013

The Murmurings by Carly Anne West





Everyone thinks Sophie’s sister, Nell, went crazy. After all, she heard strange voices that drove her to commit suicide. But Sophie doesn't believe that Nell would take her own life, and she’s convinced that Nell’s doctor knows more than he’s letting on.

As Sophie starts to piece together Nell’s last days, every lead ends in a web of lies. And the deeper Sophie digs, the more danger she’s in—because now she’s hearing the same haunting whispers. Sophie’s starting to think she’s going crazy too. Or worse, that maybe she’s not….

******************************************

Sophie’s sister Nell was committed to a mental institution because she kept hearing voices in her head.  She later escaped and was found dead. Now Sophie is determined to find out what the voices were saying to Nell and why she ended up dead.  If of course the voices do not get to Sophie first and drive her crazy.




What I did not like:

I was not completely into the romance in the book. It felt kind of so-so to me. Like there could have been more to it or left out of the story completely.   


My Thoughts:

I have to admit that by solely looking at the cover, I thought I was in for a creepy story that would keep me up at night.

The story got off to a good start, but the further I ventured into the story the more I began to realize that it was not as scary as I had hoped that it would be.

But, it was a good story and there were some definite creepy moments that had me glued to my seat. The writer did a good job of making the reader guess what was going on while adding a bit of spookiness to the story.


Rating: 3 out of 5.




**I received this book from Simon and Schuster / Simon Pulse in exchange for nothing, but my honest review. Thank you!** 

Facebook Me: http://www.facebook.com/TheLifeTimesOfABookAddict
 Follow Me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/BookAddict4Life

No comments:

Post a Comment